Each year, the descendants of Strawbridge and Martha Young gather together at the historic Young HomePlace. This year, the Annual Young Gathering will be Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM at the Young HomePlace located at 134 Joe Young Rd., Burnsville, NC 28714.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 10:30 AM- 12:00 Registration
- Dr. Catherine Serota will be at the Homeplace during the reunion to begin gathering stories for our archives. If you are interested in scheduling a few minutes to sit down with her, please contact Crystal at the Center for Pioneer Life @ 828-536-0337.
- 12:00 PM Lunch – Bring a lawn chair and a dish to share – Please bring a covered dish and the corresponding recipe to add to the HomePlace collection. Drinks will be provided.
- Music by the Moringstar Singers during lunch
- Activities after lunch include:
- Dylan Wilson will be bringing in his team of horses for a plowing exhibition.
- Paul Lundquist will be in the blacksmith shop. He will spend much of the day demonstrating how to make many of the tools used on a pioneer homestead.
- Happy Hens and Highland Farm will be bringing one of their beautiful highland cows to the Homeplace for the reunion. You will be able to get an up close view just after lunch.
Throughout the day, the Josiah and Frances Ray Young Cabin will be open for tours. There have been several additions since our last gathering. If you haven’t already seen the updates to the property at the HomePlace, you are in for a treat!